Just 2 weeks ago, I was asked to create a special, one-of-a-kind dress for an upcoming photo shoot and event. The location of the event, theme of the event, and details of the event are being withheld from the public. It’s a surprise…
You can guarantee that I’ll feature many of the resulting photos on Little Miss Lovely as soon as they’re released.
One major detail that I can tell you? It’s a collaboration between some of my favorite photographers, wedding coordinators, and artisans in the bridal industry.
Some details about this special dress:
- It’s the first wedding gown that I’ve ever sewn completely from scratch.
- I created a sizable pattern to try and replicate similar designs in the future.
- The gown was inspired by a 1970’s yellowed dress I spotted on eBay but could never afford.
- The under-layer is silk and is complemented by gorgeous Chantilly French lace.
- I plan on sewing dozens of tiny seed beads onto the neckline and scoop back later this evening.
Alright. That’s all you get now. From start to finish, this dress is completely original and one-of-a-kind. I can’t wait to finish sewing and see it on someone other than my 1940’s dress form mannequin.
Catch ‘ya later.